Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Metal Mod  (Read 1689 times)

TerminatorII

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Adamantine Skeleton]
    • View Profile
Metal Mod
« on: January 01, 2010, 03:05:04 am »

Metal Mod Started as an attempt to generate realistic amounts of metal from ore. I.E Just how much ore is in the 1 Urist of space?

In this mod I have actually reworked the way the game views metals. No longer is there a metal tag on the metal ores. Instead, They are just ordinary rock. Now though the ore itself has different properties which the smelter looks at and can interpret as producing a product bar. (or bars both multiples of the same type and of different ones too)

Want to add a new metal or ore? With Metal Mod it is easier than in vanilla DF. just add in the stone, then go to metals and specify the stone to use to produce said metal bar. No confusing tags, plus you can specify how many bars!
No, I think the cook would be in charge of sugar-coating the cows.

You are a lifesaver! Round and probably in tropical flavors.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metal Mod
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 05:17:39 am »

I... think this sort of thing has been done before in certain mods. It's necessary, really, if you ever want anything more complex to come out of ores than one or two bars.

Not that it's not a good idea, of course.

Kallemort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 03:10:02 pm »

So, uh, in short, does it give more metal?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 03:19:19 pm »

So, uh, in short, does it give more metal?
You could easily change it to do so.

The idea here is recreating the hardcoded "Smelt x" reactions defined by the ore tags as modifiable reactions defined by the reaction so that you can be more specific in how many bars you get per stone in a given reaction.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries