Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: multicultural fortresses  (Read 778 times)

kawaiidesunekochan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
multicultural fortresses
« on: December 30, 2009, 04:31:01 pm »

Dwarven babysnatchers. Wouldn't it be neat if you could send out babysnatchers to snatch babies from different civilizations? Yeah,I know dwarves aren't usually that evil,but I think babysnatching should at least be an option you can turn on or off. I'd love to have a fortress with some humans and elves and kobolds and things.

While I'm at it. Dwarves should be able to send out thieves,too. Evil dwarven fortresses would be cool.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 04:34:11 pm by kawaiidesunekochan »

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: multicultural fortresses
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 04:40:31 pm »

I always thought of goblins as a kind of pirate society. Harsh, but very open. (Ignoring the demons here.)
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 04:41:20 pm »

Wouldn't it also be neat if maybe you could invite some humans to join you in your happy fort... and the dwarfs and the humans could pick up their instruments, sing and dance, and shoot elf bone bolts into the targets in an archery tournament... Eat and drink wine's ales and rums... and wash themselves with elf tallow soap *After a minor tweak in the raws*
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 05:08:06 pm »

We know that sometimes dwarf civs on the world map are made up of both dwarfs and members of other races from conquered lands. They turn up as liasons occasionally. It would make sense if they also arrived as migrants.

Ankheg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chasing the Sunset
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 05:49:28 pm »

I've made slugmen tamable.  I got one off an elven caravan, and she wandered around my fortress a while.  I set her to be an engraver, but she never did any engraving, and before long she dehydrated and died.  Didn't even manage to make any friends in the brief time she was with us, poor Inale.