Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armor Help  (Read 431 times)

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
Armor Help
« on: December 30, 2009, 07:42:31 pm »

Basically trying to get my race to wear it constantly like normal clothing. So far I have had partial success where they wear the platemail and helms I custom made for them, however they aren't wearing the rest of the gear that has been made.

Also I noticed that instead of going in the standard armor stockpile the gear that they are currently wearing with success is going in the finished goods stockpile when the (armor) option is highlighted. <--- I don't think that is normally in the game.

Spoiler: Item raws (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Entity (click to show/hide)

Now here's something interesting... I don't even have the platemail and Mask set to forced yet they are seen wearing it... actually it is all they wear, which is not what I want since I want them to wear armor like civilian clothing.

Any ideas on how to fix my problems?

Problems:
The civilians wear part of what I want but they don't wear it all.
Armor goes in a different stockpile then what it is supposed to.

edit: I just noticed something... perhaps it is the [Layer:Cover]?
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Armor Help
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 11:19:57 pm »

Your armour is probably forcing them to wear it instead of your clothing. Also, if it's clothing, of course it will go in the finished goods pile, where the rest of the clothes go.

COMMON means that pretty much everyone will be wearing it, but not ALWAYS. So, you may spot the odd Dracan without them.

That's as far as I know on the field of item modding ^^; I'm more of a creature modder myself.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
Re: Armor Help
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 12:09:54 am »

Your armour is probably forcing them to wear it instead of your clothing. Also, if it's clothing, of course it will go in the finished goods pile, where the rest of the clothes go.

COMMON means that pretty much everyone will be wearing it, but not ALWAYS. So, you may spot the odd Dracan without them.

That's as far as I know on the field of item modding ^^; I'm more of a creature modder myself.

Yeah same here. Also everything there is either a weapon or armor so it shouldn't go into the finished goods stockpile. I think I figured it out though, the [LAYER:] Tag is what is allowing them to wear it as normal clothing and is also what makes the armor go into the finished goods stockpile rather than the armor stockpile. Fixes one problem but now they are wearing nothing even when the item is forced...

I guess the best I can do is make a second class of armor, one for civilians and one for military. That way everyone is wearing armor and I can still say who wears what in the military.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.