Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Awesome Christmas Card  (Read 926 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Awesome Christmas Card
« on: December 24, 2009, 12:53:05 am »

My dad came to visit today.

It was nice. I got a card from him, which I'm sure he wasn't aware, was one of the most awesome ones I have ever received.

Spoiler: Wouldn't you agree? (click to show/hide)

I think it's code. Feel free to interpret.

1- Build trap
-Use a cage; any will do.
2- Bait trap with valuable.
-+booze+ maybe? But wouldn't that attract dwarves instead?
3- When trap goes off, run away.
-The Elf will try to eat you.
4- Take trap outside to release Elf...
-Gab ears and hammer-toss them until they sever off the head. Watch as the Elf falls into magma or another more elaborate trap.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome Christmas Card
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 01:26:30 am »

HOW TO:
  • Get Rid of Unwanted Elves
  • Treat Miasma Inhalation
  • Burn Obnoxious Goblins
  • Trade Stone Mugs

This seems like prime material for a series of Orthoclaus-distributed holiday cards... but with Dorfmas so close, will his workshop of enslaved elves be able to produce them on time?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 01:28:12 am by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 02:58:00 am »

I fell in love with the Worst Case Survival guides.  I've got travel and includes things like how to catch fish without a rod, line, hook, or sinker to how to say "Hello, I've been seriously wounded" in five languages (I wonder if they're all as formal as they are in English--I tried it on my Spanish teacher in High School and nearly gave her a heart attack) to how to get water when stranded in the jungle (banana trees, IIRC).

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 03:26:25 am »

I fell in love with the Worst Case Survival guides.  I've got travel and includes things like how to catch fish without a rod, line, hook, or sinker to how to say "Hello, I've been seriously wounded" in five languages (I wonder if they're all as formal as they are in English--I tried it on my Spanish teacher in High School and nearly gave her a heart attack) to how to get water when stranded in the jungle (banana trees, IIRC).
Oh, that's simple. Grow a beard, and use it.

Careful around the carp though.

Maybe a thread of one can be made for Fortresses and Adventurers alike.

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 02:20:09 pm »

Ha awesome!  ;D

Shzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 06:34:31 pm »

I dare say "Boot Obnoxious Houseguests" sounds like it could give good advice dealing with certain members of the nobility. You know, magma plumbing and all that.
000634 □ [adventure mode][environment]   jumping into water while on fire resulted in steamy death