Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Am I doomed? Dragon vs 3 wrestlers...  (Read 445 times)

fizmat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Am I doomed? Dragon vs 3 wrestlers...
« on: December 21, 2009, 03:28:52 pm »

Got a pretty good first fort running, smelting gold and growing plants and butchering donkeys. Have walls and a moat with a bridge, first ambush got killed by guard dogs. Then one of the liasons drowns during moat widening. (Ok, it was a bad idea to channel right next to a bunch of haulers carrying chopped wood inside).

Now, the problem: dragon. She's on the other side of the 2-tile map, but! I have no traps, at all. And exactly three novice marks who are also champion wrestlers and no tag hammerers in leather with bucklers. Can I take the dragon, or do I turtle behind the bridge and try to shoot it?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Am I doomed? Dragon vs 3 wrestlers...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 03:36:41 pm »

Megabeasts are rather pathetic at the moment, so send your three champion wrestlers at the dragon. How high is their shield skill?

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Am I doomed? Dragon vs 3 wrestlers...
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 03:44:11 pm »

A single champion with a good shield is pretty much invulnerable.

If you don't want it to be a fair fight at all you could just use crossbows. Piercing damage will slay the dragon almost instantly.

My preferred alternative is to just capture the dragon. Have just a single line of cage traps, then open the drawbridge to your fortress. Let the dragon attack you fortress, only to end up in a cage.

You can then use the dragon for your amusement. Cleaning fire to remove annoying nobles? Maybe as a pet?