Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: your artifact makers..  (Read 1464 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: your artifact makers..
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 09:15:30 pm »

I always rename their profession to "Lord of x" where x is the material they used to make their artifact, then I put the artifiact in the overlord's office and give them a shinier bedroom.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 10:04:32 pm »

I usually upgrade them from their either, 1x3, 2x3, or 3x3 bedrooms to a 5x5 and engrave it, unless they were possessed and didn't make weapon/armor.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 05:26:47 am »

Normally I just turn off all their other labours (unless it's a possession, but I'll get to that) and let them enjoy the luxury of working only on what they love.

Dwarves who get possessed may not necessarily be allowed to finish their mood. Usually I just forbid the workshop they claim and enjoy the fireworks. Serves them right for trying to give me a crappy non-legendary and some woodcraft I don't want. If it's a useful profession I'll possibly let them survive.

However in my current fort, inspired by my treatment of the unfortunate possessed dwarves, I'm trying a different tactic. Every dwarf that successfully creates an artifact will have the honour of being sacrificed to the magma pipe. Possessions will not be allowed to finish what they start. All the legendaries in the fort will have to come from hard work. It's a challenge, especially with the magma pipe, chasm and bottomless pit all open to the surface.
Pages: 1 [2]