Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Going back down  (Read 444 times)

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
Going back down
« on: December 21, 2009, 03:33:21 am »

Earlier in the game, I had my miners dig down outside, to tunnel under my fortress.  One of the two miners stayed down there, and the other went to go get a drink or something.  Later, I noticed that the other miner had not returned, and had "No Job".  The first miner was still down there digging. 
Eventually, that first miner canceled the job and started hunting for vermin, but she wouldn't leave the lower mine.  I made several attempts to create ramps or stairs for her to get out, but most of them disappeared, and everyone ignored the ones that didn't.  She starved to death, and miasma from her corpse keeps leaking through the ramps and stairs, but nobody can reach her.
Anything I can do to fix this?  I would just forget about her, but I'd also like to finish that mine she's in...  ???
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Going back down
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 03:40:35 am »

You may have cut her exit off? Make sure there 100 percent that there is no viable route to where her corpse is. If they have to go outside to get to the mine, maybe you have set it so "dwarves stay indoors" or "soldiers outdoors only"? If you have a draw bridge to lead to the area, make sure that's down or no walls are in the way.

Best we can do is suggestions without pictures or a save.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
Re: Going back down
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 01:10:11 pm »

Alright, thanks.  I'm still not sure what happened, but I managed to get them back down there.  I think I must have just unintentionally destroyed the original ramp.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!