Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How often are Mayors elected?  (Read 1573 times)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
How often are Mayors elected?
« on: December 21, 2009, 04:29:22 am »

I'd like to know because my former mayor had an unfortunate run-in with an unwise mandate and a raising bridge.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: How often are Mayors elected?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 06:45:44 am »

If your mayor suffers an 'accident', then the reelection will happen within about a month or so. In other words, pretty quickly after the 'accident'.

Otherwise, there's a yearly election for the position of mayor.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 08:43:59 am »

In the 3 forts I've run, elections for mayor seem to happen every 2 years, shortly into the first month of Summer (about the same time the Human caravan arrives).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 12:29:05 pm »

Every two? I've always had the election every year in about mid Hematite. In fact, when I have the human caravan and liason, they at first go to my mayor (unless said mayor is also the broker) but then the election comes and then they go to my broker. After a few years, they quickly get that there is an election at that year and simply bypass the mayor and go for the broker, even if the election hadn't actually happened yet.