Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Death camps <architechs needed>  (Read 4492 times)

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Death camps <architechs needed>
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2009, 02:24:22 pm »

can food and booze survive being dumped down a pit?
I am thinking about a self contained glass block and crafts foundry. The only way out is becoming legendary (and thus moved to the glass tower) or taking a dive in the open magma

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2009, 02:40:01 pm »

can food and booze survive being dumped down a pit?

I don't see why it wouldn't, but I've never tried. You're going to need to unforbid it manually after dumping it, or else they probably won't touch it.

Unless, of course, by "survive" you meant "not rot". That might be a problem with food, but not with booze, so you'd probably have to micromanage dumping of relatively small amounts of food at a time, otherwise you're liable to waste a lot of it.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2009, 02:44:02 pm »

Ooh, even better. Drop them in the pit, feed them nothing but the occasional barrel of plump helmets and let them drink from a pool of non-moving water. Dump excess stone in there and let them work it. Those who are resilient enough to reach high enough skill without going mad from little food, no booze, no beds, and no free time (draft/undraft if they go on break) without going mad can escape. Bonus points for making the escapees the ones who feed the new victims immigrants.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2009, 02:52:33 pm »

They wont dump the whole barrel?  I am thinking of having a fort that is just a support system for the pit. Just thought of something else. Will armed hunters use weapons when they go crazy? I could dump weapons too. It would make the contained spiral that much more interesting.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2009, 03:06:59 pm »

Woodcutters will use axes when tantrumming. Miners will use picks. I don't see why hunters wouldn't use their weapons.

I'd go with swords. Cheap, you could even have them make their own if you dump wood and obsidian, and messy kills.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325
Pages: 1 2 [3]