Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Seed]Peaceful 6x6 embark, many features, 40d16  (Read 1094 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Seed]Peaceful 6x6 embark, many features, 40d16
« on: December 19, 2009, 02:19:13 pm »

Figured someone might benefit from this site, maybe for experimentation or megaproject-use. (Just my luck that I find a decent site on a minimally-altered parameter set, after I spent hours earlier trying to gen a customized world only to suffer endless failures... :P)

I say "peaceful" because it's secluded away from the Goblin civs; however, it does have some nasty creatures present you will probably have to deal with at some point. On the plus side, you have all three races to trade with, and the geography of the area is pretty interesting, with the brook running bang through the center of it all.

Before you ask; sorry, I checked. No GCS. At least I didn't find any with Companion. :(

Medium World - Minimum 6x6 Embark (4x5 if you drop HFS) - Genned in 40d16

Features:
* 3 Biomes (2 Mountain, 1 Desert; all Joyous Wilds)
* Sand (Black)
* 2 Igneous Extrusive layers (Felsite, Basalt)
* Bituminous Coal
* Brook
* Underground River
* Magma Pool
* Magma Pipe
* Chasm
* Bottomless Pit
* HFS
* Access to Dwarves, Humans and Elves civs

Creatures (worth mentioning):
* 1 Iron Man
* 1 Fire Man
* 1 Gremlin
* 1 Giant Eagle
* Generic chasm/pool creatures

Caveats:
* No trees
* No vegetation
* No flux (I thought Conglomerate was, but apparently not)
* No access to Goblin civs
* Majority of map (except northern edge) is Aquifier

Embark Overview:

World Location:

Gen Info/Seed:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 04:39:52 pm by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Kuriak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Seed]Peaceful 6x6 embark, many features, 40d16
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 02:51:37 pm »

Looks like an enjoyable layout, but unfortunately Conglomerate isn't a flux. But who needs flux anyways when you can melt childrens' toys!

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 04:37:57 pm »

Oh? Darn, you're right, if the wiki is correct... :( Well that's odd. The Finder picked this location as Flux-ready, and the layer appeared highlighted as white on the embark screen. I automatically assumed that meant it was a Flux layer. Sorry for the confusion.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 04:41:41 pm »

The lack of flux is a deal-breaker. Got to have steel.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

piupau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 05:00:17 pm »

From the embark point, I can see a lot of bauxite and iron around the place. Some copper and coke too. I really wish there is flux somewhere...

Using the Mayday 40d16 pack.

Kuriak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 05:53:57 pm »

Well if someone were interested enough in the map they could just compromise and edit the raws. You know, give one of the stone layers a flux reaction tag... that's what I do when I absolutely have to play a certain map.