Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do I attack the elven trade caravan?  (Read 5477 times)

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
Re: How do I attack the elven trade caravan?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 01:14:25 pm »

You can always try to take out the wagons with siege engines, since you directly control their firing.
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 03:43:26 pm »

I always build my trade depot as a drowning chamber.  It is quite simple to set up and it only takes a short amount of time to fill a 5x5 room with water and then drain it with a pump from above back into the reservoir i filled it from.  I usually use manual pumping to/from a bucket brigade filled pool to simplify things but I think my next experiment is to set it up to go through the whole cycle via a lever to set it off with a 'safety' lever to prevent unintended caravan drownings due to pissed off dwarves or marauding monkeys and have it fill/drain from the main water system of my fort.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 04:03:37 pm »

I have a very easy hack, it doesn't work very well but it's quick and somewhat does the job.

I built a bridge to my fortress, connected it to a lever, and channeled down 10 stories or so. When elves come, I order everyone in, and when all the dwarves are in the fortress, I order the lever to be pulled on repeat. The elves go over the bridge and are dropped into the chasm, splattering on the bottom. Then you can loot their stuff.

Last time three elves escaped though. I think they're going to tell their leader or something... I'm scared.

Kraegan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 05:59:14 pm »

It is also kind of fun to just lock them up somewhere...muhaha!

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 06:38:00 pm »

It is also kind of fun to just lock them up somewhere...muhaha!

Locked up caravans go insane after a while, don't they?
Pages: 1 [2]