Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What counts as a feature?

Just Lots of the Best Stuff: River, Underground River, Pipe, "Other Features"
- 3 (5%)
Only what shows up on Embark Screen Map. (River, Underground River, Pool, Chasm, Lave Pit, Pipe, Pit, Other Features)
- 2 (3.3%)
Option 2 with Flux and Sand
- 2 (3.3%)
Option 2 with Flux, Sand, and Aquifer
- 5 (8.3%)
Option 2 with Flux, Sand, all 4 races
- 3 (5%)
Option 2 with Features like Goblin Towers or Roads.
- 0 (0%)
Option 1 with Flux and Sand and/or aquifer
- 1 (1.7%)
Option 1 with Flux, Sand and all 4 races
- 5 (8.3%)
Option 1 with Flux, Sand, all 4 races and Stuff like Goblin Towers or Chasms
- 0 (0%)
It should have strange geographical features too
- 4 (6.7%)
And Forest
- 6 (10%)
All imaginable map features count!
- 29 (48.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: Most Features on a 6x6 Map (For .40d and .40d11)  (Read 4198 times)

Decanter

• Bay Watcher
  • Goliath online.
    • View Profile
Most Features on a 6x6 Map (For .40d and .40d11)
« on: May 29, 2009, 11:58:38 am »

The most pimp 6x6 site thread

All entries are welcome.
-Currently we are going with the philosophy that all features that you personally believe count, count!
If we can agree on something I will put it in the first post and in the World Gen Extremes Leaderboard. http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=36246.0

Decanter

• Bay Watcher
  • Goliath online.
    • View Profile
Re: Most Features on a 6x6 Map (For .40d and .40d11)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 12:02:13 pm »

Two obvious possibilities are:

"Dwarf Heaven"
With: Pipe, Pit, Pool, Adamantine, Under G. River 1x, Chasm 2x, River 9x.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And Yuhhaur's site with:
River x8, underground pool, magma pipe, magma pool, chasm, bottomless pit, valuable metal, flux stone (marble), aquifer,sand, NO GCS but contain the Standard CS, Level 124-197 that is 73 z-levels to play with. Also there is All civilisations to deal with. Extends the map a little bigger you will have underground river

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 12:10:03 pm by Decanter »

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 12:40:46 pm »

I voted for item #2 + sand/flux/aquifer + races. I'd normally consider GCS as a feature as well since it can be turned into a production component.

My thinking is that the perfect site would permit any production and the largest number of megaproject types. Ideally, that would also require ocean to be included.

The legendary dwarf challenge is my benchmark here - what map would allow me to do it. The one I chose failed on one count - no moghoppers due to it not being savage, so I had to mod fish extraction. In that respect, you could also include benign/savage to enable things like moghoppers and sun berries.

yuhhaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 08:29:14 pm »

Thank you Decanter for the thread.

Actually I started the local embark 3 tiles to the right for a wider grassland for wood log. Bauxite was found on the right-most side of my embark, but I am not sure whether the 6x6 candidate for most features contains bauxite or not.

There is also a very squarish high peak and a nature 3 tiles-width canyon between the 3 peak. It is hard to tell it here so if you want to know please get the world gen data and play with it yourself.

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:EAT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 08:31:48 pm »

also what about that world of rivers site where there are just fuck tonnes of rivers everywhere. That world had some good sites if i remember correctly.
Oh Gordon Freeman, what medical procedure can't you educate alien war machines about?

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 02:43:11 am »

Reminds me of the no elves map i got last week...everything normal ecept no elves due to spinning monster parts, that and every one of them getting killed by monsters and random fire outbreaks.
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 12:52:47 am »

I hate to resurrect a dead thread, but I had a question: why exactly does yuhhaur's world not gen properly?  Did he have mods of some sort enabled?  Every time I try to gen it from those parameters in any version of DF, I get a totally different world with no site even remotely like the one shown here.
Sanity is for the weak.