Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: famers won't move stuff to the stockpile  (Read 759 times)

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
famers won't move stuff to the stockpile
« on: December 19, 2009, 05:48:19 pm »

I have a farm plot, with a stockpile next to it on the same level. for some reason my haulers won't move the plants or seeds to it. I used to have a stockpile in my dinning room and when I removed it my haulers have started moving the seeds to a bag that's further away, even not taking into account z-levels, and just leaving my plants to rot. I have set bags to be accepted in the stockpile.

do I just need to wait, or is there something I need to change to make my haulers haul to the stockpile?
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: famers won't move stuff to the stockpile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 05:50:03 pm »

The only reason why plants would be rotting on the field is because your food stockpiles are all full up.

Designate some new food stockpiles or look over your current food stockpile settings to see if there's a problem with what they accept.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 06:12:48 pm »

my food stockpiles are completely empty, except for 1 empty barrel, and one peice of stone. I redesignated a food stockpile over it and turned of everything under food except, plant, seeds, leaves, milled plants, and extract <plant>, which is what I had set before. why are my haulers hauling seeds to a bag outside of a stockpile, and not moving the bag?

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 06:30:38 pm »

All that comes to mind is that it kind of sounds like they can't reach the stockpile.
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 06:34:54 pm »

Make sure that the stockpiles don't have a bunch of hidden stone beneath them. That interferes with stockpiling.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 06:40:21 pm »

They can reach the stockpile, as I have some workshops in there that are being used, and there isn't hidden stone in the stockpile.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 06:48:08 pm »

my food stockpiles are completely empty, except for 1 empty barrel, and one peice of stone. I redesignated a food stockpile over it and turned of everything under food except, plant, seeds, leaves, milled plants, and extract <plant>, which is what I had set before. why are my haulers hauling seeds to a bag outside of a stockpile, and not moving the bag?

I'm going to assume you have other food stockpiles for other types of food, or non-raw foods. I would suggest checking those other food stockpiles and disabling their ability to store seeds/plants/bags, so that the only acceptible place to store these items are in the one you placed next to your farms. Alternatively/additionally, you can try making it "take from stockpile" and target the stockpile your wayward seed bag is sitting in, perhaps that will force them to haul it over. This generally works fine for me. If it doesn't, the problem lies elsewhere.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 09:50:04 pm »

My dwarfs have just started hauling the plants and seeds. It seems that redesignating the stockpile works.