Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spooky Tomb Mysteries  (Read 590 times)

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
Spooky Tomb Mysteries
« on: December 22, 2009, 12:18:21 am »

Another oddity from my "Rocky Spire" game:

So far in this Fort, I've had seven of my Dwarves die... usually in rather silly ways. But whenever I build coffins and set them up to be used for burial, they always  fill up right away, with Dwarves (?) that I've never heard of. Some rather strange names, too... elven names, goblin names, human names and dwarven names, all of them listed as "So-and-So, Peasant".

I'm up to about twenty-five filled coffins so far... only a handful of which actually contain the remains of MY Dwarves.

WTF is going on?

Before you ask... I have NOT been killing any elves or humans. Only Goblins and Kobolds.
Never pet a burning dog.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spooky Tomb Mysteries
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 12:22:36 am »

Have any traders been killed? Traders have been known to get their names on coffins, usually the dwarven ones anyway.

If any kobold names show up, then something is screwed.

Hortun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 12:23:19 am »

Did you breech HFS? The caged folks down there will wander in melancholy awhile and then croak. Though I'm not sure how that would account for so many...

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 12:37:02 am »

Did you breech HFS?

Not exactly.

My method for dealing with HFS is to drive tunnels to locate the general area (via the pretty rocks), then smooth selected wall-rocks of my tunnels and carve fortifications. This allows me to see what's BEHIND the wall. When I'm sure it's safe to do so, I mine out that bit of wall and smooth and fortify the next bit behind it.

Eventually, I do (and in this case, did) "break into" the HFS, but only via a fortification, which lets nothing get out. I can still open an entrance to it after my Military is trained-up and gung-ho for some Clowns.

Good point, though... those coffins might be dedicated to the memory of the Clowns' victims. It's a possibility that hadn't occurred to me.

Have any traders been killed?

As far as I recall, just one Human Trade Liason... "golfed" off the hill by a Goblin Hammerman.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 12:38:44 am by blue emu »
Never pet a burning dog.