Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Announce workshop clutter  (Read 454 times)

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Announce workshop clutter
« on: December 18, 2009, 06:09:34 pm »

In my most recent game I found out only by accident that my stonecrafter's workshop was completely cluttered with finished goods, and I sometimes forget to turn on "Dwarves gather refuse from outside", leading to my outside butcher's shop becoming cluttered with bones.  It would be nice if it would be announced when a workshop's clutter-level increases,  so you'd know when there's a problem.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Announce workshop clutter
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 09:20:47 pm »

In most cases this would just lead to massive announcement spam, particularly for butchers and kitchens. It's not that hard to keep track of this yourself, really.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 09:47:43 pm »

Yup, also sometimes workshop clutter can help you out a bit...
By not having orders to drag everything to the stockpiles.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 11:30:10 pm »

This seems far too spammy, though we already have a menu that would be perfect for this. If the view 'r'ooms menu was divided into categories (different zones, workshops, furniture...) you could view all your workshops from there and they could have *CLT* next to their entries if they were having a clutter issue.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 11:43:54 pm »

OOOOOOOOH SO THATS WHAT THAT *CLT* WAS.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!