Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making Elves More 'Fun' And Less Irritating  (Read 578 times)

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
Making Elves More 'Fun' And Less Irritating
« on: December 15, 2009, 04:45:41 pm »

Would someone be so kind as to tell me what I'd need to change in which raw files to give elves the ability to make metal weapons and possibly stone crafts? I tried adding the [MINOR_METAL] tag, but that on its own doesn't seem to do much. Ideally, I'd like the end result to be elves armed with copper and/or obsidian weapons for a more credible military threat.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
Re: Making Elves More 'Fun' And Less Irritating
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 04:49:18 pm »

Add [ALL_METAL] for extra amounts of "FUN".
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 06:14:20 pm »

For [MINOR_METAL] to work properly, you would have to remove their [WOOD_PREF].

Oddly, when I made my own civ, and added [STONE_PREF], [WOOD_PREF], and [MINOR_METAL], I got the effect of none of those and the same effect as [ALL_METAL] tag.
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 06:08:23 am »

Great, thanks for that. And ALL_METAL might not be a bad idea, actually; if I do get them riled -which I try not to, because I'm always running short of cloth- then I might as well get some serviceable weapons out of it.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!