Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Going up?  (Read 972 times)

Lost Requiem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
Going up?
« on: December 16, 2009, 06:36:36 pm »

Maybe there should be some incentive for creating a tower that stretches to the heavens. it sounds like lunacy, I'm sure, but I think a lot more people would do it if there was something good waiting for them on the other side.
Lost's sanctuary for Lolis.
Quest Complete! 41/31

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Going up?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 06:38:36 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=45964.0

Sorry mate.  This came up just a week or two ago . . .
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 07:19:29 pm »

Do you need a reason to build a pointlessly large tower? This. Is. DWARF FORTRESSSSSSS! *kicks the op into a bottomless pit*

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 11:55:43 am »

That said, it might be nice if dwarves like admiring massive constructions, as a symbol of dwarven ingenuity and tenacity.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

CursedBurger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 05:02:11 am »

That said, it might be nice if dwarves like admiring massive constructions, as a symbol of dwarven ingenuity and tenacity.

How would you figure out what's a massive construction vs. what isn't? Designate zone: megaproject?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 07:27:47 am »

How would you figure out what's a massive construction vs. what isn't? Designate zone: megaproject?

They could look at z and x/y connectivity for constructed blocks. Odds are 100,000 bars of soap connected to each other in one way or another present some kind of epic structure.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 09:04:07 am »

Quote from: darkflagrance
They could look at z and x/y connectivity for constructed blocks. Odds are 100,000 bars of soap connected to each other in one way or another present some kind of epic structure.

But then I'd have to line the walls of all my megamoats with blocks for it to qualify.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 12:26:02 pm »

Could also go by the number of constructed tiles within line of sight(or just within a certain XxYxZ distance).
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.