Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Item Ownership?  (Read 2521 times)

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
Dwarven Item Ownership?
« on: December 10, 2009, 04:53:50 am »

Okay, I have been searching for anything on this for some time. Maybe I'm not looking "hard" enough, but it is nowhere I can find (yes, it is not on the wiki, for dwarven inventory is not addressed for fortress mode)

I have an issue with items owned by my dwarves, in fortress mode. Is there any way to remove an item from ownership without slaying the owner? I want to trade away/destroy/dispose of/melt items that my dwarves remove from their persons due to wear, or any other circumstance.
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

Hagadorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO-GIFTS] [NAUGHTY]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Item Ownership?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 05:00:49 am »

Aside from flooding your fort with magma...

Not as far as I'm aware.
You see, booze is a parasite. It lives off dwarves and compels them to dig into the ground so as to create massive defences to protect it's self. It really shouldn't be called dwarf fortress, Booze fortress would make much more sense.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 05:02:51 am »

Wait for the next version, is all I got.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 07:13:42 am »

That is unfortunate. Well, at least now I know why there are cabinets!
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 08:52:19 am »

Okay, I have been searching for anything on this for some time. Maybe I'm not looking "hard" enough, but it is nowhere I can find (yes, it is not on the wiki, for dwarven inventory is not addressed for fortress mode)

I have an issue with items owned by my dwarves, in fortress mode. Is there any way to remove an item from ownership without slaying the owner? I want to trade away/destroy/dispose of/melt items that my dwarves remove from their persons due to wear, or any other circumstance.

I'm pretty sure with one of the tweak tools you can create 7/7 magma under the 'k' cursor, if you don't mind cheating/being tempted to do more than that.  In game, the best you can do is 'h'ide the item, or construct a hideously complex system that seals off parts of your fort and pumps magma into them.
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 09:36:29 am »

If the dwarf is not Legendary and the Economy is active, your Tax Collector may decide to "tax" the dwarf, taking away a bunch of his possessions, though that's completely random and doesn't seem to happen very often.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.