Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Armor Hogging Wrestler-Dwarf With Four Legs!  (Read 1080 times)

qoonpooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] Armor Hogging Wrestler-Dwarf With Four Legs!
« on: December 09, 2009, 05:59:15 pm »

Didn't see anything like this in the search so here you go,  screenshot says it all:

So, one of my guys has no leggings, and another is protecting his right hand with a pair of leggings.  No wonder these guys can't fight worth a damn.

I've got other guys who are wearing a single boot from a set, each.  It's actually a little hysterical but should probably be fixed.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Armor Hogging Wrestler-Dwarf With Four Legs!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 06:14:37 pm »

Yeah, this is common for wrestlers. They grab each others' clothes while sparring and rip them off, then never bother to drop them. Known issue (and responsible for tons of user confusion, so you're not alone), will apparently be fixed next version.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 07:44:48 pm »

If you briefly set them to wear no armor, they seem to drop the extra junk - presumably, they don't actually drop the armor because they think "yes, I'm supposed to wear this" is equivalent to "yes, I'm supposed to have this in my inventory".
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 11:04:49 pm »

To clarify, I don't think he's actually wearing the leggings, he's just carrying them around.  The interface could certainly afford to be clearer about this distinction.