Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nearly perfect site (with dig deeper mod)  (Read 743 times)

tsiru

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Nearly perfect site (with dig deeper mod)
« on: December 07, 2009, 10:04:39 pm »

I found such a lovely site today, I thought I should share it with everyone. It's not quite perfect (warm, calm biome instead of a terrifying glacier) but it has everything else I usually look for.

A 4x4 embarkation area has:
Magma pipe
A large chasm
An underground river
HFS
Chalk
Sand
Obsidian

Expanding the location a little can easily get you a brook or bottomless pit (and more trees) if you want to. All civilizations have access to the site and there is even granite and gabbro if you care about tin, bismuth or diamonds.

World Gen Data
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This world was generated with the Dig Deeper mod and may not won't be the same in vanilla Dwarf Fortress.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nearly perfect site (with dig deeper mod)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 12:08:43 am »

*whistles*
Thats a big chasm.
Cuts the map effectively in relatively halfs.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Nearly perfect site (with dig deeper mod)
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 02:12:22 am »

How mountainous is the mountain? A steep cliffy-type, or more a gentle slope that is inexplicably bare of all vegetation? Also, is the chasm underground or is it exposed to the surface?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"