Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Theft Merchants  (Read 960 times)

Summoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Theft Merchants
« on: December 08, 2009, 07:35:50 pm »

Ok the strangest bug happed. The traders came i brought all my goods and i traded all my crafts for 3 leather and 3 plumps and 1 turtle. Well they agreed and my goods went to them. But theirs still listed on it and i never got it. Before they left i made more crafts and traded for one peice of cave spider silk. They took the crafts and i never got my silk. I know i pressed the trade button but i never got the stuff i wanted.

Ahhh A Bunny Carp! Run

CaptainNitpick

• Bay Watcher
  • [FINDS_FLAWS]
    • View Profile
Re: The Theft Merchants
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 07:53:06 pm »

Are you sure you didn't offer the goods to them instead of trading? That's what this sounds like to me.

Summoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 08:11:41 pm »

No i didn't offer i traded.
Ahhh A Bunny Carp! Run

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 07:32:48 am »

When you trade, the new stuff you get doesn't show up on your side of the trade screen, because it hasn't been marked as "trade" in the "bring items to depot" screen ([g] from the depot's [q] screen). You should still have them though (and they should disappear from the trader's side of the screen), they should should up in your [z] stocks and your dwarves should automatically carry them to appropriate stockpiles.

It would be more intuitive if they did show, but then the "items set to be available to trade are stuck when the merchants leave" bug would be really annoying.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 07:34:23 am by Thief^ »
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.