Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finding a shop  (Read 895 times)

toker606

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Finding a shop
« on: December 19, 2009, 11:18:08 am »

Just started up my first adventure after abandoning my first fortress, have had some luck in taking out a giant and looted everything nearby, but I can't find anywhere to sell it all off. I've completely searched through 3 dwarven settlements and even a couple of elven ones, spoken to everyone I could see just in case but I haven't seen hide nor hair of a shop, is this normal? Is there something really obvious that I'm missing or do I just need to keep searching?
I would fill it with Magma if there was any on my map... there isn't, so I'm filling it with Rhesus Macaques.

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Finding a shop
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 11:30:14 am »

Shops are in human settlements, close to roads if there is one that passes through.  They're medium sized buildings with one door.
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

toker606

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 11:36:10 am »

Shops are in human settlements, close to roads if there is one that passes through.  They're medium sized buildings with one door.

Thanks, now what sort of areas would I find human settlements in? :)
I would fill it with Magma if there was any on my map... there isn't, so I'm filling it with Rhesus Macaques.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 12:11:09 pm »

Plains. Look for town signs like a "#". Shouldn't be too hard to find one.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

toker606

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 12:26:21 pm »

Thanks for the help.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 12:34:07 pm »

'#' and '*' are human towns in world map. They are usually connected with each other by roads.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 08:34:47 am »

Good look finding anything in adventure mode xP

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 09:33:00 am »

Is it really that hard?

Press 'T' for Travel and then you can easily see all the sites, and go where you want.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 01:50:44 pm »

IIRC they can also show up in hills.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.