Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random History question.  (Read 622 times)

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Random History question.
« on: December 07, 2009, 12:26:14 pm »

I apologize as this has likely been posted about somewhere before, and if someone could direct me to it that would be awesome, but I've tried searching the Wiki and the forums with about a dozen different search strings that I could think of to find it to no avail.

The best I could find was under "Calendar" in the wiki it says "Ages are determined by the states of the world during world generation. Some of the known things that influence the ages are: number of megabeasts alive and dominant civilizations."

Is there anywhere that we have a list of the different Ages that can come up and what their criteria are? All I have ever seen is the Age of Heroes and the Age of Legends and whatever the initial one always is. . .

Just a random curiousity, thanks in advance.

Me.
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Random History question.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 01:02:37 pm »

Off the top of my head I know there is Age of Legends, Age of Myths, age of the (insert lone megabeast here), age of (insert dominant race), and age of twilight.

I know there's more, and there's a special only 2 dominant megabeasts one, and an all civs dead one.  But I'm afraid I don't recall the names.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 01:03:29 pm »

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 01:36:09 pm »

He said he tried.  Probably just not hitting the right combination of search words.
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 02:01:06 pm »

It was right there, most recent thread posted in on that board, at the time of this thread being made.

Meh.

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 10:20:41 pm »

I did about a dozen searches here and on the Wiki and didn't find it, I didn't think to look under the adventure mode discussion because, er, I never play adventure mode (there's an adventure mode? hehehe. I kid).

Thanks for the link, man, was tryin' to find it everywhere. :o

Note that I DID even apologize for asking something that I KNEW was somewhere already but the search strings hated me, so next time you might want to try being a little less... I dunno, assumptive.

Me.
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.