Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do dwarves replace equipment?  (Read 1651 times)

Haus Party

• Bay Watcher
  • Haus cancels Write paper: Taken by Mood
    • View Profile
Re: How do dwarves replace equipment?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 02:01:03 pm »

The only advantage to high quality equipment is in case they need to use it in combat - legendary miners equipped with steel picks are downright deadly, making them great emergency soldiers early in the game before you establish a military.

I've never seen my dwarves attack with a pick. What weapon group does the pick fall under? Usually I'll see my pick-wielding emergency recruits running up and wrestling the bastards.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 04:16:14 pm »

Miners that get recruited and don't have their weapon settings changed will use picks. Picks are basically like spears, though -- okay damage, massive crit boost, and high chance of stuck-ins. So they're liable to lose the pick pretty quickly and default to wrestling.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 06:06:25 pm »

So they're liable to lose the pick pretty quickly and default to wrestling.

Right, but shouldn't ultra-mighty, Legendary +5 miners be able to hold on to their picks well enough? I mean, I'm not sure if the chance of pulling out a stuck in is strength based (it might be agility- or skill-based, or even totally random), but whenever I played adventure mode, I was under the impression that maintaining possession of whatever becomes stuck in becomes easier as my character was more experienced.

hitto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 07:46:01 pm »

Dwarves don't get happy thoughts from high quality equipment, since they don't own their equipment. The only advantage to high quality equipment is in case they need to use it in combat - legendary miners equipped with steel picks are downright deadly, making them great emergency soldiers early in the game before you establish a military.

Ah, well, I guess i will grant them all steel statues in their bedrooms then ;D
Pages: 1 [2]