Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Less stone...  (Read 1327 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Less stone...
« on: December 03, 2009, 08:38:29 am »

Is there a way to mod stone so it yields less stone? So I don't have sooooo much stone to clear.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Less stone...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 09:24:18 am »

No, there isn't unfortunately. The only way to get less stone is to let a less-experienced miner mine it. You could always hide it so it doesn't LOOK like as much stone, I guess!
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 10:27:54 am »

Actually, there is a workaround.

Set the stones to boil at 10000 to 10060 degrees. They'll be vaporized the second they're mined (and leave a pretty red vapor that hangs around harmlessly for a bit). You might want to embark at a site, determine what major layer stones you'll be working with, and then specifically mod those to evaporate, or perhaps just mod every stone to do so.

If they boil at too low a temp though, they'll flashfreeze dwarves.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

hughesdylan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 11:12:51 am »

Another option is to make a smelter reaction that consumes 10 stone to produce 1 stone of the same (or just very similar) type. Before my major stone sifting overhaul i used this to reduce my stone by massive amounts.

As a side bonus this kind of thing will buff your smelter dorf's stats to ridiculous levels.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 03:47:45 pm »

would you know the exact regent specifications for that reaction?

I may try the boiling stone idea.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

hughesdylan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 04:42:12 pm »

Sure ill post the reaction:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SIFT_STONE_FOR_IRON]
[NAME:Smelt stone for Iron]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:10:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:NO_MATGLOSS]
[PRODUCT:1:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON]
This isn't the exact same reaction, but its close enough. Just replace the PRODUCT with whatever you want. This code will give you 1 iron bar for every 1000 stone you throw at it. (1% of 1 bar for 10 stone).