Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress mulit-player/Fortress invade? anyone think that would be fun  (Read 949 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Idk if this would ruin the whole dwarf fortress experience, if a server and a created map with two or more player controled fortesses would be possible, with the function to invade say a nearby goblin fort, would anyone think that would be fun? I would

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile

[facepalm]

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile

[facepalm]
Now now, He doesn't know better!

Mate, we get so many threads asking for multiplayer Dwarf Fortress, and we're sick and tired of the subject.
Now, you couldn't know that, but neither did the 40 last persons who asked about it.

Some heavy modding are being done to open up for the possibility of multiple person's input on a fortress; search for "text mode" in the modding sub-forum.
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Not to mention Toady has said quite clearly that he wants this to be a single-player game in design. This is designed to be the dream-game of his youth, that is his scope. It will generate fantasy stories that allow you to play in them. Multiplayer was never on the list of intended features, and looking at the difficulty of it and how it would fit with the theme, likely won't ever.

It would be a cool feature, but it isn't going to happen.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO