Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soldiers aren't sparring  (Read 394 times)

Leeko

• Bay Watcher
  • Wab.
    • View Profile
Soldiers aren't sparring
« on: December 01, 2009, 10:58:37 pm »

The title pretty much says it all. There's a designated barracks, off-duty soldiers, and they're not doing anything. One group is standing by my magma pipe and another by the mayor's place. These aren't even where they are stationed. They were sparring before, but they just stopped a while back. The only ones that are sparring are the two newest recruits, which lead me to try dismissing and then re-activating the others, but to no avail. I also tried making the sparring dwarves the group leaders, but the other soldiers kept loafing around, albeit in the barracks now. Any idea what's wrong?
"Asen Zoz, 'The Gravel of Pondering' - This is a Alunite Harp. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. On the item is an image of Blossomeven the Cold Tactics the perfect precious fire opal in Precious fire opal."

digitCruncher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Soldiers aren't sparring
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 11:10:11 pm »

Question: Do they have any injuries? Sodliers with spinal injuries, or brain damage, do not spar.

But I doubt that is the reason why *every* soldier is not sparing. Do they have non-crossbow weapons assigned? Soldiers don't spar with crossbows (unless they don't have any arrows on thier person), instead, they train at the archery range. Spinal-damaged / Brain-damaged dwarfs train at the archery range as well, even though they don't spar

Leeko

• Bay Watcher
  • Wab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 11:15:24 pm »

None of them are injured, if they were they would be in bed rather than wandering about.

Yes, they all have non-crossbow weapons assigned and equipped. They were using them before to spar as I said earlier, and also in deflecting a few ambushes. I also noticed my marksdwarves aren't shooting at the archery range, now that you bring it up. They were doing that before, too.

EDIT: Nevermind on the marksdwarves, I checked and they're out of ammo. Doesn't solve the problem of hammerdwarves and axedwarves not sparring though.

EDIT EDIT: Turns out they all have light gray brain injuries. All six of them... somehow... nevermind about the whole thing.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 11:41:27 pm by Leeko »
"Asen Zoz, 'The Gravel of Pondering' - This is a Alunite Harp. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. On the item is an image of Blossomeven the Cold Tactics the perfect precious fire opal in Precious fire opal."

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 12:53:37 am »

They musta been dropped as babies...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!