Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tombs & Items  (Read 490 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tombs & Items
« on: November 27, 2009, 03:46:26 am »

I recently discovered (thanks Whitney) that if you put a Cabinet in a dwarf's personal tomb, they will store his clothes in there.

Do Chests, Armor Stands and Weapon Racks have any benefit? Anything else?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Tombs & Items
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 03:48:15 am »

Chests store crafts and various other items. Like mugs or instruments.

Weapon racks and armor stands do as their names suggest. If a noble has a preference for a weapon or piece of armor, and he grabs one for himself, he'll store it on the weapon rack or armor stand.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 06:01:43 am »

Weapon and armour racks in tombs don't do anything for regular dwarves(Nobles will sometimes ask for them).

Cabinets store clothes, but have a limit of how much clothing can be stored in one.
Chests and bags hold everything else a dwarf owned in life, crafts, mugs, large gems.
Weapons and armour the dwarf held will be returned to their stockpiles, which is why these racks won't work in tombs.

This may change in later/the next version(s), since the whole familiarity with weapons thing may lead to privately owned weapons(And maybe even armour)
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 10:06:44 am »

If you have a legendary non-military non-noble Dwarf with a liking for weapons, he will use a weapon rack to store his collection.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 11:15:36 am »

If a dwarf collects unusable weapons (i.e. ones they aren't capable of wielding) or armor (i.e. Goblinite), they will be stored in weapon racks and armor stands.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.