Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help: Transfered a save game, lost some stuff?  (Read 635 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help: Transfered a save game, lost some stuff?
« on: November 26, 2009, 08:15:00 pm »

Hey guys,

I recently transferred a fresh fortress from the regular ASCII version to a DFG tileset graphical version, in the process foolishly overriding another "region 1" folder. Now that I play, I am missing quite a few stones in my STONES tab, which I only assume happened due to that - I still see all economical stones ie. Marble, but none non-economical ie. Felsite, so I can't toggle them.

Help?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help: Transfered a save game, lost some stuff?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 08:18:38 pm »

You need to download the all economic mod or something like that or just copy the reaction_all_economic file from the raws in your folder with the tileset to the one without it.

Kanddak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help: Transfered a save game, lost some stuff?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 12:40:24 am »

Having everything show up as an economic stone in the stones tab is a mod which, as far as I can guess, someone bundles with some third-party DF downloads.
It's beginning to annoy me, because this isn't the first time I've seen someone post like they think that's default behavior.
Hydrodynamics Education - read this before being confused about fluid behaviors

The wiki is notoriously inaccurate on subjects at the cutting edge, frequently reflecting passing memes, folklore, or the word on the street instead of true dwarven science.