Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Graphics/tileset problem.  (Read 580 times)

Raphite1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Beards and Brimstone
Graphics/tileset problem.
« on: November 28, 2009, 05:25:17 pm »

I'm trying to add graphics for some custom creatures to the Mike Mayday set, and I'm running into a problem.

When I replace the raw/graphics and raw/objects in the Mayday download with my own, everything works perfectly.

However, if I try to copy over the Mayday data/art and data/init/init.txt into my own install (that has the same raw/graphics and raw/objects mentioned above), the DF startup screen is black, but I can hear the intro sounds playing.

Basically, all I want from the Mayday set is the dwarf graphics and the tileset (since the curses_square_16x16 tileset seems to break my graphics). My problem indicates that there's some other file that I need to copy over. Any tips?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 07:34:21 pm by Raphite1 »

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
Re: Graphics/tileset problem.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 08:32:05 pm »

Do you play in fullscreen or windowed mode? And are both copies of DF the same version?

If you just copy the tile set from the mayday pack you'll end up with a few anomolies since alot of raws were changed in that set to squeeze every free sprite on the sheet.

I THINK i had a similar problem and it ended up being a result of the set screen resolution, but I'm probably wrong on that. Try hitting F11 when you load up your black screen DF and see if changing to windowed or fullscreen mode helps at all since they have 2 different setting in the init file for the resolution there.

Raphite1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Beards and Brimstone
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 09:18:15 pm »

They may be different versions... my personal install is Today's latest, and the Mayday version may not be.

Does the prepackaged curses_square_16x16 tileset not work correctly with 16x16 graphics? When I try to use it instead of the Mayday tileset I get all kinds of display anomolies, such as certain letters like "E" in "Embark" not showing up, and invisible dwarves.

If the curses_square_16x16 set DOES work, then I suppose I have some invalid resolution or grid setting somewhere.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 09:25:53 pm by Raphite1 »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 03:38:03 am »

I've got some letters like "E" disappearing, I've even started a thread on it, but I cannot track the problem. Do you use some side utilities like DF Companion or Stonesense?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 03:45:06 am »

By "Toady's latest" do you mean 40d or 40d16?  If you're trying to copy the tileset from Mayday's latest to 40d, yeah, it's going to break, because 40d16 (the version in Mayday's latest) uses tilesets in PNG format, and 40d can't handle those.