Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding out zombies while leaving skeletons? also, adittional workshop formulae  (Read 1913 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

As you might have found out, current zombies give off miasma clouds, which in sufficient numbers kill your FPSs. How would I go around removing them without removing skellies, which work ok?

Also, does anyone have new recipes for the workshops?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I don't think you can take out zombies only.

There's a lot of new reactions and new workshops in different mods. Just Genesis mod adds 13 workshops with many reactions for them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Landstradd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is some epic shameless self promotion there Deon.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Yea Deon, you don't find ANYBODY bringing up the many brilliant features of Dig deeper!

On that note, is there even a Dig deeper for the new DF?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

That's not "epic", I've just answered what I know. I do not like to give sources I am not sure about. At least I gave an answer and didn't go offtopic as you did :).

And about Dig Deeper, you have to ask The13thRonin. He's the author, maybe he works on it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Sure, try and cover your tracks be deflecting onto others.  :P

Have you thought about a career in politics?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

Where are the zombies/skeletons in the raws, anyways?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

They are defined from the propertys of other creatures.

So every time you create a creature, unless you tell it otherwise, it may show up as a skeleton or zombie in an evil biome.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

Darn. I thought you could make like different undead templates...
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Ok, thanks for the input!

Now, in a somewhat different order of things... I am somewhat tempted (after some in-game DF experiences) to make a mod based on HG Wells' "The Time Machine". Which would be "Morlock Fortress", or somesuch.
The basic idea is that the main playable race would be morlocks, which would be cave adaptated by default. I think they shouldn't have ranged weapons, in principle, but would still have siege weapons, and traps. They would have underground crops, but if possible I'd make them all prefer meat. As in, to the point of being unhappy without it. As in the novel, morlocks keep a civilization of sorts, and are pretty productive. Maybe there should be wild morlocks as well, as potentially hostile beasts?

Then there would be the Eloi, the wild ones would be huntable regularly, whereas the "civilized" ones would in principle trade with you. However, you can still kill them for meat, as they should be butcherable. They ought to be fairly weak and easy to kill. Perhaps the ones you trade with should be assumed to be their pseudogoverment and thus keep some semblance of bodyguards with bows and such.

There would also be an alien race which would trade with you, but might or might not be annoying. Sort of an elves equivalent.

Finally(?), I'd add in a "high men" or "sleepers" or something like that, faction, which would be ancient, un-devolved humans, which would be hostile towards Morlocks by default and would lead sorties against you. They'd have advanced, pretty deadly, weaponry. (BTW: is it possible to make it so that their weaponry is usable even if you cannot produce it?). They'd also be stronger than morlocks, although possibly slower. They ought to have some building destroyer units (tanks?)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.