Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sieges  (Read 576 times)

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sieges
« on: November 23, 2009, 04:51:59 pm »

Alright, I have never modded anything before DF wise, but I just had my first siege, and mega beast, and was wondering.  Can you (and I suspect you can for most) do the following, and how:

1)  Increase frequency of goblin sieges/number of goblins per siege
2)  Do so without starting a new game (I want sieges to swamp my fortress sometime in the future)

Anyone have an idea or can point to a thread that I missed when searching?

hughesdylan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sieges
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 05:01:45 pm »

The only way Ive found to increase numbers during siege, is to alter the files that contain the creature to make sure that the creature has more births/bigger civilization. I heavily modded the orc mod and they come at me with 6 groups of 6-7 orcs each. you might want to look at the orc creature from that mod to see if you can glean some tips. That isn't a terribly challenging creature, but much much more so than those dumb gobbos.

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 05:12:00 pm »

But I suppose the most important question is, can I make these edits and not have to restart my game?

hughesdylan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 05:21:20 pm »

Probably not. You can make edits to the creatures, but (please don't take my word for this) i think most of the details for the actual spawning and such are already hammered out on world-gen. Ive heard, and read on this forum (so this is all hearsay) that siege size is directly tied to the size of the civ.. or at least the details of the civ.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 12:31:09 pm »

Try making a test subject lets say Kobolds make it so they don't die of age, [MAXAGE] and set there child birth min and max really high and the children take one year to grow up remove [multible_litter_rare] and [baby] change [CHILD:1] from 12 and add this line [liTTERSIZE:100:300] don't know if thats correct token name look in wiki in the tokens section in creatures, then change the ethics so that they are a little more aggressive, that I don't totally know, or make goblins like that. I made a superbad insect race with six arms, a tail, deadly venom, and giant claw arms on there backs, they never died of age and breed three times faster then rats and were very aggressive, I had five ambushes in the first year and a siege in the second, and it wasn't a small force either. Thank god for underground rivers and farming :) but anyways good luck and tell me if it works cuz yes I'd like more action too

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 12:43:34 pm »

Can you imagine the birth-message?

Kobold has given birth to 100-plets.
FPS has been struck down.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.