Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trouble allocating starting skill points.  (Read 395 times)

westbro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Trouble allocating starting skill points.
« on: November 26, 2009, 10:24:04 pm »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but after watching a few video tutorials and reading a few articles I figured it was high time I actually try this out. I found a starting place with some nice cliffs to dig into and no aquifers, but when I went to go embark I ran into this problem:

No matter what I do I cannot change the skill points for my starting dwarves. The default is mapped to + and -, but pressing those keys does nothing. Do I need to do something other than highlight the skill before pressing + or -?

One thing I just realized is that this may just be an issue with my keyboard or a compatibility issue with windows 7. Has anyone else had this problem?

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble allocating starting skill points.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 10:49:31 pm »

If it's a laptop, you'll need to figure out whatever button it is that gives you the numpad option.  On a desktop, it means the buttons on the numberpad.  Numlock may need to be mucked around with, but otherwise I don't see why it shouldn't work.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

westbro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 10:52:43 pm »

Yeah, that did the trick. Thanks!

The number row worked for scrolling so i figured the +- would be the same. I didn't think to check the num-lock.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 11:42:41 pm »

THe thing is with the normal + key above the [ and ] keys you have to press shift to make it work...

# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!