Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Less than best metals on invasion?  (Read 850 times)

hughesdylan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Less than best metals on invasion?
« on: November 23, 2009, 10:06:10 am »

Hello all,

Ive modded in some really hard to craft metals, like Fused Quartz, that have very high stats. While they have high stats, they are nearly as hard as adamantine to aquire.. but every invasion seems to consist of nothing but it! This applies to any metal.

My question is, is there a tag to prevent invasions from carrying a specific type of material? It breaks immersion, when my dwarfs are toiling over the forge for years to produce two bars, and then an invasion comes in that gives them 100 in melted equipment :/ . 

Ideas?

<Edit Note>
Im not looking to get an unfair advantage over the invasions. I have no problem with the occasional Fused Quartz lash or whatever. A uranium gauntlet here and there is fine. Just not every single guy!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 10:11:45 am by hughesdylan »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Less than best metals on invasion?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 10:24:25 am »

the [DEEP] tag remove the material from attacking civs completely.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 10:28:19 am »

IIRC, adding the [DEEP] tag should prevent it from showing up.

FAKEDIT: Blast! :P
The fish are watching.

hughesdylan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 11:27:54 am »

Lol! thanks guys. ill add that tag. Appreciate the timely help.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 04:11:38 pm »

LOW_METAL will make the civ only use up to 66% effective metal (copper by default) which is what Kobolds have. Goblins and Humans, without any tags have over 100% (iron) but under 133% (steel), and METAL_PREF will allow 133% and over (steel) which is what Dwarves have. Adding DEEP to the metal will make it unavailable for any civ to use or trade, it's what keeps Adamantine Wafers out. Your fortress will be the only producer in the game, though you can trade the raw materials.

Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

hughesdylan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 06:10:11 pm »

That doesnt seem right somehow, though i would love for it to be. For instance, i use the Orc (more stuff to kill?) mod... but the orcs don't have Metal Pref, and still come with >150% metals. I have lots of added metals, many that take whole dwarf years to get a few ingots of, but they come with whatever is the highest, barring the ones with the <deep> tag Ive found. The <deep> tag certainly works, but then that kind of feels like cheating, since they cant ever match up.

Ideas?

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 07:45:33 pm »

[METAL_PREF], in my experience, forces the race to start out decked out in the best metal that does not contain the [DEEP] tag. The 'best' metal is defined by the [DAMAGE_PERC:x] and [BLOCK_PERC:x] tags.

The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 09:38:00 am »

[METAL_PREF], in my experience, forces the race to start out decked out in the best metal that does not contain the [DEEP] tag. The 'best' metal is defined by the [DAMAGE_PERC:x] and [BLOCK_PERC:x] tags.

I read on the forum once that [METAL_PREF] can be used with an agruement, like [METAL_PREF:IRON].  It's not in the wiki and I've never tested it, but the dude seemed to know what he was talking about.  Might be worth a shot.

Also, it's MINOR_METAL, not LOW_METAL.

hughesdylan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 09:54:57 am »

Ahh, great ideas guys ill test those. Thanks for the input.