Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reactions for other buildings?  (Read 426 times)

hughesdylan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reactions for other buildings?
« on: November 17, 2009, 11:40:33 am »

Is it possible to use a tag in Reaction_Standard to specify that a reaction happens at a different building than the smelter? Like:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_CRUDE_ANVIL]
[NAME:Make Crude Anvil]
[CRAFTS DWARF WORKSHOP]<------ This is the part i need help with
[REAGENT:50:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:NO_MATGLOSS] <------Preferably this would be any metal.
[PRODUCT:100:1:ANVIL:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON] <-----I will probably change this later to a generic "Amalgam" material.
[FUEL]

Obviously i've added notes. Please assist me in those areas. Basically, the plan is to allow the dwarves to futz around with some metal bars, and make the crappiest anvil known to dwarfs anywhere. The amalgam metal ive already added, with exceedingly low damblock and value etc, so that its basically worthless except in this intermediary step. Also, it consumes 50 bars of random metals, so i think its fair.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reactions for other buildings?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 11:48:31 am »

No, not yet. Custom workshops are in the next version, though, so you'll just be able to use those then.

hughesdylan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 11:51:10 am »

Bah!

Alright, im sorry to niggle over your verbage, but im not really trying to create a custom workshop, but rather use an already existing workshop as the place where the Amalgam Anvil of DOOM would be created. Do you mean the first is impossible, or the second?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 11:53:04 am »

Both.

hughesdylan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 11:54:52 am »

Whell that sucks. Alright, ill just use the darn smelter. Thanks much for your assistance.