Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do i install mod?  (Read 1147 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do i install mod?
« on: November 16, 2009, 08:28:40 am »

I downloaded the orcs mod. And the three folders are

entity_orc

creature_orc

Language_ ORC

but i don't know how to put them in. I tried just dragging them next to simmiliar files but it gave be an error.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: How do i install mod?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 09:15:59 am »

You have to get TXT files in the /raw/objects folder. I think that there're entity_orc.txt,, creature_orc.txt and language_orc.txt, right? Put them in /raw/objects folder.

If you want to know more:
DF uses text files as input data, they are stored in DF/raw/objects/ folder and there can't be any subfolders.
Every text file contains some info about objects. The objects may be creatures, entities (civilizations), equipment of various type (weapon, armor, helmet etc.), toys, stone types, soil types, gem types, wood types, plant types, language and body types.
Each file has a string in it's first line which must be the same as the file name but without .txt.
Then follows [OBJECT:*something*] which indicates what is inside of this file. *Something* means creature, entity, etc.

Just look in other files and it's easy to get how they are organized. If you want to know more, ask.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 11:56:48 am »

yeh, turns out i did drag them all into the object folder, thats how i got the error.

"One of the compressed files on disk has errors in it. Restore from backup if you are able."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 07:10:00 pm »

..................C'mon someone say something i have the exact error message and everything. I WANT TO FIGHT ORCS!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 08:00:25 pm »

"One of the compressed files on disk has errors in it. Restore from backup if you are able."
Reinstall DF, redownload mod. Your file was corrupted.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 09:20:15 pm »

well when i removed the files dwarf fortress worked fine so i guess i'll just redownload the mod.