Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: In which I complain about Final Fantasy 12.  (Read 6441 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: In which I complain about Final Fantasy 12.
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2009, 08:37:02 am »

I'm tempted to go back and actually finish it.
The story wasn't bad, but it wasn't gripping either. I got about 2/3 of the way through, but couldn't stand to WATCH as my characters killed bosses with no input from me. It takes ten minutes to set up gambits to do everything for you, and the gameplay becomes choppy and strange if you don't use them.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2009, 07:06:12 pm »

On the upside, it made me briefly consider becoming a programmer.

But then those thoughts were crowded out by all my hateful thoughts towards the game.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2009, 07:10:45 pm »

Wait, before I even get to that, there's the whole tutorial mission before the real game starts. Here, you start playing as Vaan's older brother, Reks
Wait a second... I thought that was his dad...

also...

Vaan then went to live with his best friend and the Androgynous Female Main Character, Penelo.
I thought Penelo was a guy...

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2009, 07:37:05 pm »

Wait, before I even get to that, there's the whole tutorial mission before the real game starts. Here, you start playing as Vaan's older brother, Reks

Obviously, you thought wrong. It is made very clear in several cutscenes that Reks is Vaan's brother.

also...

Vaan then went to live with his best friend and the Androgynous Female Main Character, Penelo.
I thought Penelo was a guy...

And thus my point is proven.
!!&!!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2009, 07:51:45 pm »

Obviously, you thought wrong. It is made very clear in several cutscenes that Reks
There is no way... I could have sworn it was like THREE YEARS LATER or something after the cutscene where he died! Also it talked about him having a son or something.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2009, 08:07:03 pm »

He didn't die, he was crippled, and died one year after the tutorial mission. And it never talked about him having a son.
!!&!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]