Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Bypassed) Miner Won't Mine or Drop Items  (Read 4779 times)

deftkosmonavt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
(Bypassed) Miner Won't Mine or Drop Items
« on: November 12, 2009, 09:40:18 pm »

Alright, I'm having a problem with my miner (who I recently had sparring his wrestling) refusing to go back to mining after he was deactivated. It seems quite similar to this problem already resolved; http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39570.0.
I've already made sure he could path to the designated dig sites and tried to get him to drop everything in his hands, both by dumping them and forbidding them individually, to no avail. He will still perform tool-less tasks like smoothing stone and hauling though.

If it matters I'm using Dwarf Therapist and the Dig Deeper mod with the Mike Mayday tileset.

Thanks in advance for any help.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 03:13:31 am by deftkosmonavt »

GoldenH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Miner Won't Mine or Drop Items
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 10:12:36 pm »

He has a pick right?

If you forbid something, the dwarf can't drop it or dump it in my experience.

deftkosmonavt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 10:26:41 pm »

Yeah, the pick was the only thing he would drop when I assigned it to be dumped. I reclaimed it after he dumped it and had another dwarf to pick it up and try to mine with it, which he promptly did.

I could, if it came down to it, just start training a new miner, but the first is already legendary, a professional wrestler and a competent engraver. I don't want to lose that convenience unless it's absolutely necessary.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 01:44:08 am »

Standard "dwarf won't do something I want him to do after he wrestled": check his hands. He might be carrying someone else's clothing. Get him to drop that and he'll be able to use the hands for more productive stuff instead.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

deftkosmonavt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 07:23:25 am »

That's exactly the problem. I already checked his hands, he has the pick and a pig tail clock in his right one. He'll drop the pick but not the cloak.

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 06:29:29 pm »

Did he sustain any injuries while sparring?
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 09:23:15 pm »

Dumb question, but does he still have the "Mining" labor enabled?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

deftkosmonavt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 03:12:52 am »

@KenboCalrissian
     No injuries whatsoever.
@Quietust
     He does indeed.

I solved the problem by just giving up.

To clarify for anyone interested I assume the reason why he wouldn't mine is due to the fact that he had both a copper pick and pig tail cloak in his right hand. I managed to get him to drop the pick and get another dwarf to start mining. eventually the first miner just got trained up as a military dwarf.

In short the problem is that he wouldn't drop the complicating object no matter what I did.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Bypassed) Miner Won't Mine or Drop Items
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 12:40:54 pm »

Yeah, dwarves really should drop wrestled-off objects as soon as the creature they took them from is dead or the combat ends.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels