Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Forumite Tracker Thread.  (Read 2720 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Forumite Tracker Thread.
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2009, 06:48:35 pm »

Ignoring everything else:

There is no point to this thread. The forum already keeps track of who is online and offline, and if you really want to know why someone's offline, you can check their profile to see their local timezone and where they live (for local holidays).
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2009, 06:49:39 pm »

I considered going offline for the night, but I've decided to stay for another 15 minutes. I've been re-watching the Marble Hornets series, plus totheark's disturbing additions, but had to stop because I was getting jumpy. I will be sure to post here again to announce when I go offline.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2009, 06:52:47 pm »

Reading that thread just radically changed my opinion of Dasleah.  Wow, he's a cool dude.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2009, 06:59:52 pm »

Reading that thread just radically changed my opinion of Dasleah.  Wow, he's a cool dude.

I try~

But yes, this thread has served it's purpose. Which is to say, it had no purpose. You can't dictate what people will post, Armok. That's not how the internet works. We are free to post whatever we want, wherever we want, organised or not. You may have noble intentions about starting this thread, perhaps even delusions of grandeur and helpfulness. But you were attempting to solve a problem that wasn't problematic. If you want a constant update of everyone's motions and movements, there are far more appropriate mediums to do it in - follow people on Twitter or MyBook or Facespace or whatever. The only place and time where even knowing what people are doing is in the game threads, where their non-involvement actually means something - but then you just post that in there, or in the thread's OOC thread, or contact people via email or MSN or IRC of a million other things.

If someone is online, they will post. If they are offline, then then won't post as much. It's that simple. Thread over.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2009, 07:01:56 pm »

YOU ARE TRUELLY THE PARADIGM OF TRUTH AND AWESOMENESS.  Mostly awesomeness, and less truth than some would like, but still.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2009, 07:03:39 pm »

I'm Online Now!  :)

Me too. Wanna cyber?

HEY GUYS! I'M SLOWLY REMOVING MY SHIRT NOW!

I wanted to be the only forumite who actually posted on-topic. And we do sorta have online-offline buttons.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2009, 07:08:11 pm »

I try~

But yes, this thread has served it's purpose. Which is to say, it had no purpose. You can't dictate what people will post, Armok. That's not how the internet works. We are free to post whatever we want, wherever we want, organised or not. You may have noble intentions about starting this thread, perhaps even delusions of grandeur and helpfulness. But you were attempting to solve a problem that wasn't problematic. If you want a constant update of everyone's motions and movements, there are far more appropriate mediums to do it in - follow people on Twitter or MyBook or Facespace or whatever. The only place and time where even knowing what people are doing is in the game threads, where their non-involvement actually means something - but then you just post that in there, or in the thread's OOC thread, or contact people via email or MSN or IRC of a million other things.

If someone is online, they will post. If they are offline, then then won't post as much. It's that simple. Thread over.

You're mostly right, but FYI, part of the way THIS forum works is generally trying to keep the purpose of a thread in mind, and what the thread OP wants from it. So yeah, you can say whatever you want, but part of the guidelines here is to keep in mind what the OP wants.

Of course, that doesn't make him dictator of the thread either, so there is that.

And yeah, I can understand people wanting to know what's going on with other people, but there are better forms of communication for that. Or just send people PMs.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2009, 07:09:22 pm »

I have sat down at my computer after I stood up from my computer, walked to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and walked back to my computer. Shortly I will be shutting down my computer. I will then sleep for approximately 7 hours before being woken by my alarm. I will then shower, dress and walk to the end of my road to the bus stop. I will then get on the bus. I will sit on the bus for around 35 minutes until it arrives at school. I will then disembark from the bus. I will spend 6 hours at school, spending my time in lessons, free periods and breaks. I will then get on the bus again. I will sit on the bus for another 35 minutes. I will disembark from the bus and walk home. The time between arriving home and around 8 PM will be split mainly between television, xbox, dinner and household jobs. I will then proceed upstairs and turn on my computer. I will complete any homework I have, starting with that due in soonest. While doing this, I will periodically check on this forum and Facebook, I may occasionally browse music on Youtube. I will also converse with friends on MSN. I will continue this until between 11 and 12 PM. Then the cycle begins again.

Was that enough information for you Armok?

Goodnight.

florian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2009, 07:13:25 pm »

I'm Online Now!  :)

Me too. Wanna cyber?

HEY GUYS! I'M SLOWLY REMOVING MY SHIRT NOW!

I wanted to be the only forumite who actually posted on-topic. And we do sorta have online-offline buttons.
I cannot imagine cybersex involving a tack and the color grey …

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2009, 07:16:13 pm »

I'm Slowly inserting myself into a corkboard now!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grey_313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2009, 07:22:01 pm »

oooo, you're making me all hot and bothered.

Grey_313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2009, 07:22:21 pm »

OOPS DOUBLE POST IGNORE THIS K

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2009, 07:24:43 pm »

STOP.

NOW.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2009, 07:24:58 pm »

I would strangle you both through the internet, but technology hasn't reached that point yet.

Faster, science, Faster!
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2009, 07:26:15 pm »

This is generating too many moderator reports and the functionality is pretty much covered by the forum software.  If people are leaving longterm on a netless vacation or something there hasn't been that much of a problem in the past with them just making their own threads.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 2 [3]