Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d16] Dwarves passing closed floodgate  (Read 620 times)

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d16] Dwarves passing closed floodgate
« on: January 19, 2010, 08:40:49 am »

Code: [Select]
##F###
#SPB.....
######

(F)loodgate is closed all the time, (S)tatue defined as garden, just so it spans the (P)ressure plate, and not further. Random dwarf comes running, steps on the (P)late and the raising (B)rigde forms a wall, effectively locking the dwarf in.

Add water from top and the dwarves are able to step on the statue and the closed floodgate. I'm not sure, maybe it's only children being able to do that.

Unless I'm missing something, that's a bug, ey.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: [40d16] Dwarves passing closed floodgate
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 11:48:52 am »

If a full tile of water was dropped onto the pressure plate, it probably pushed the dwarf onto the statue when it flowed to the left (just as can happen with wall grates and vertical bars). It shouldn't have happened with the floodgate, though...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 12:08:19 pm »

Alright, statue thing makes sense. Floodgate doesnt.

Maaaybe, just a wild guess, when a dwarf steps on a normally non walkable building (like the statue) they can step on another normally non walkable building from there.

Actually that might just have happened. I'm not going to waste hours to find out whether or not they all had been pushed on the statue before, but that just might be it. (I'm pretty sure, at least, it happened the first time I experienced this. I didnt pay attention the other 4 or 5 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 12:22:18 pm »

If a full tile of water was dropped onto the pressure plate, it probably pushed the dwarf onto the statue when it flowed to the left (just as can happen with wall grates and vertical bars). It shouldn't have happened with the floodgate, though...

It's not supposed to happen with the grates/bars, either:

# 000680 □ [dwarf mode][buildings]   (Report,Report) unit projectiles go through wall grates, flows push units through bars

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 12:28:46 pm »

Maybe the flow just pushed them on the floodgate, too? I dont recall any water on the floodgate, tho.