Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Your most hated nemesis  (Read 15702 times)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Your most hated nemesis
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2009, 02:08:38 pm »

...a fucking cougar from my first fort. If I hadn't lost the save file I would still be hunting the mother fucking "Beast of Masterful Flowing Sands" or whatever his name was in Adventure mode (and dieing repeatedly while learning the system).
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2009, 02:41:31 pm »

Fire imps and firemen. I've lost one fort to a wild fire created by some imps and had many precious metal workers injured by both imps and firemen.

The fact is I can't even start a magma forge without lining it with traps or sending in a squad to protect it. And I prefer the traps because my dorfs seem to think they can swim and chase the imps and FM back into the magma.
Merciful Emperor, yes. I never have problems around my forges, but my last fortress had immigrants pass by an open and exposed magma pipe. By the time it was over, one of the imps had a name and title. That's leaving aside the fortress with the exposed magma pipe in a green, foresty, shrubby area. I think I lost at least one, maybe two, dorfs to the forest fires.

GenericOverusedName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2009, 05:44:13 pm »

Angry camels. I don't know what would possess a herd of peaceful herbivores to become blood-crazed, but Armok help you if they do.

Ter13

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh wait... Dwarves like food, don't they?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2009, 06:25:52 pm »

I once had a "birthright" fort where I was killing all the migrants who would show up. This was started in a terrifying mountain.

I lost all seven of my A-team to a zombie giant bat that took on all seven at once. I came to find out he had two pickaxes, and a hatchet stuck in him after the battle. He left only one dwarf alive, and got away. The dwarf who lived had lost a hand and a leg. He stayed in bed until he died of thirst.

That map was pretty insane, though, as a zombie GCS had managed to kill off nearly every migrant before they arrived, and a zombie mole dog had torn up his fair share as well.
Murderhold - A story about a fortress closed off from the world, attempting to survive a zombie-infested wilderness.
Murderhold Discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]