Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: [META]The Effect of Avatars on Implied Tone and Views of Forumgoers  (Read 16927 times)

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
Re: [META]The Effect of Avatars on Implied Tone and Views of Forumgoers
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2009, 03:39:29 pm »

Then, I had the avatar of the stick figure who would endlessly douse himself in gasoline and burn himself to a tiny crisp.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To be honest, i actually preferred this one to your current one. Not that a flamethrower-wielding dwarf isn't awesome. ;)
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2009, 03:41:34 pm »

I've never had trouble with Jakkarra's name. When I saw that avatar, mostly what came to mind was "I remember that, good taste!" because it had come up in long winded discussions on other forums.

Dunno about my avatar. I don't really 'like' it, strictly speaking, since it's a clan logo for a dead clan in a dead game. But I've been using for... five years now I think. And don't really want to sow confusion by changing it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2009, 03:44:20 pm »

Then, I had the avatar of the stick figure who would endlessly douse himself in gasoline and burn himself to a tiny crisp.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To be honest, i actually preferred this one to your current one. Not that a flamethrower-wielding dwarf isn't awesome. ;)

That was the best The Simpsons episode.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2009, 03:52:35 pm »

Ha, yeah.

"I would like to use your restroom, go through your magazines, rearrange your carefully shelved items and handle your food products in an unsanitary manner."
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]