Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creative Developer's League: A Place For Designing, Improving, + Testing Rounds  (Read 2333 times)

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have always been a writer and a man of ideas. This reflects itself through the creation of my many, many rounds, each very unique from the last and usually possessing some element that makes it very different from your ordinary mafia round. I am always wanting to come up with the next thing that makes mafia rounds as exciting and interesting as possible without being the same mish-mash of roles we keep seeing over and over again. That is why I keep coming up with new ideas, and thus, why I keep creating new rounds: to offer variety to the generic mafia rounds.

I have known about mafia as a whole for less than a year, and of that duration I've probably only actually been very interested for a few months of it. In that time I have created nine rounds over at another mafia site called AAOM, which is nearly 1/5 of the entire rounds at the site. As you can see, I have a passion for developing rounds.

This, then, brings me to the point of my post. I have decided to create a "league", which I have coined the "Creative Developer's League", whereby myself and others may aid people in the creation, tweaking, and testing of their rounds. I find that often people will see a round, read it over once, determined it is imbalanced or uninteresting, and then never look at the topic again. By submitting the idea first through the league's forum, you can hammer out flaws with the round prior to its initial public viewing. This, in turn, will make the round seem more appealing from the start, and will thus increase its popularity (and therefore its likelihood of being run).

Also, a lot of people, like myself, may enjoy creating rounds more than the actual act of GMing them. The league will therefore also offer the opportunity to create rounds to pass off to others to GM. This will give you the opportunity to play the round that you have created or, if you don't have time, at least sit back and see how your round plays out.

If you enjoy creating rounds, critiquing rounds, or would like to help in speedy test-plays of rounds that are in development, I encourage you to join the Creative Developer's League:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Creative_Developers/index.php?act=idx

"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Don't hesitate to call."

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

We're good, thanks.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I