Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Smal- no, DWARF Weapon Mod: Pickhammers  (Read 1193 times)

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
Smal- no, DWARF Weapon Mod: Pickhammers
« on: April 18, 2010, 03:12:37 pm »

I was thinking about how my military's consisted of pretty much just miners, and then thought about how they might be given something 'meatier' to fight with.  This sort of weapon, combining the business ends of both a pick and a warhammer, was almost non-existent in real life, but I thought it'd be perfect for dwarves.

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_PICKHAMMER]
[NAME:pickhammer:pickhammers]
[SIZE:900]
[SKILL:MINING]
[TWO_HANDED:47500]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:50000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:5]
[ATTACK:EDGE:100:8000:strike:strikes:pick end:2000]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:150:4000:bash:bashes:blunt end:2000]

I've upgraded (I hope) the pick's attack, and the damage for the blunt end lies somewhere between a regular war hammer and a maul.  The size is set slightly more than the largest one-handed weapons, but not as much as the smaller two-handers.  It's supposed to be a two handed weapon, but since I've been able to use one hand on 'two-handed' swords before, I've set MINIMUM_SIZE higher than TWO_HANDED to try and fix the problem.  This hasn't been tested yet, but it's based off of the values in vanilla DF, so hopefully it'll be fine once combat's been fixed.

All the same though, feel free to test it and send me your feedback; I'll appreciate it! :)

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: Smal- no, DWARF Weapon Mod: Pickhammers
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 03:18:16 pm »

They may be at a disadvantage, unless the pickhammer is both blunt and sharp.
Nevermind.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 03:26:33 pm »

Thank you for reminding! I knew I forgot something! Dwarves had Pickhammers instead of Picks in Genesis mod for 40d which showed their superiority (they were almost 1.5 times better than a pick). And I forgot to add them in my mod for this version. It will definitely make a comeback in 1.3.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 07:14:41 pm »

Really? How does my version compare to yours?

Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 12:12:47 pm »

In no way because I again forgot to add them to the 1.3 release :P. And in the previous versions weapons had different raws.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 03:26:37 pm »

So then, what about the two-handed fix part, how'd you fix it last time?  (The tags [TWO_HANDED:] and [MINIMUM_SIZE:] have been held over from the last version, but idk exactly how they work.) :(