Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Shit shit shit!  (Read 3320 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Shit shit shit!
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 08:52:02 pm »

257x257 and is the biggest possible

make now use medium (129x129 about a quarter of the size)
Back to Mafia with me!

killaconcarnage

• Bay Watcher
  • ROBOFISH
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 05:53:07 pm »

has it got cool history

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 10:46:05 pm »

History in the making!

Project Superbowl is well underway, its intents obvious but its progression marred by countless ambushes - sometimes as many as eight in a single go! - and so far, five megabeasts who have attempted and ALMOST destroyed the entire fort in their wrath.  Thankfully, the fort holds on, despite casualties of over 235 in dwarves, kin merchants and some named creatures.  But, we have killed far more than we've lost, as proven by the 5112 bones littered across wherever we find space.

There's just so much action we don't have time to cleanup outside, and the loot is piling up right beneath our eyes, ready to be taken!

And now, portrait of some dwarves who will go down in history...

LIBASH ODKISHTHOKUT - The Genocidist
The current and longest-running mayor and leader of the fort.  He is notable for his only kill... another dwarf.

'BAD MOTHERFUCKER' KULETOTIL - Horrific Light
The dwarf who has killed the first megabeast of the fort: a horrific shadow, in an epic battle that almost took out the entire population!  Her reign was short-lived, unfortunately, as she met a miserable demise at the hand of a goblin ambush squad right as she was picking up some water for a wounded friend.

'GLADIATOR' GOSTERARITH - Champion
With naught but a few wrestler champions to help the cause, Gladiator participated with as much might and willingness as her companions, eventually landing the final blow on a steel colossus and given her title after her ability to destroy a megabeast with her fists, and her fists alone.  She died from her wounds shortly thereafter.

'VENGEANCE' CILOBASTIS THE BELL OF SHELLS - Sniper
In the siege of the titan, Vengeance gladly took it upon himself to challenge the beast, mano a mano, after growing impatient with the creature's endless lingering outside the fortress and fresh from having lost a teammate of hers not too long ago - a sadly nameless recruit.  She currently resides within the first room of Project Superbowl and holds the fort as legendary sniper with her partner Stonewall Jackson.

'BOOM HEADSHOT!' Shorastod - Mason
One of the few surviving and sane members of the fort after a devastating attack by a frost dragon, he was drafted along with a few other dwarves, shortly after the dragon was sealed away in the dungeon master's dining room.  A few fortifications later and the room became a live-fire shooting gallery for the half-dozen newly drafted crossbowdwarves.  BOOM HEADSHOT! eventually landed the last blow on the beast.  At his request, he has been undrafted and has humbly returned to his mason duties.

'STONEWALL JACKSON' OTHILINOD THE ROADS OF BLOCKING - Sniper
After a second frost dragon attack that took out a human caravan and an entire migrant wave, Stonewall Jackson quickly rushed to pick up his ammo while the fort prepared extra fortifications and eventually trapped the beast within the maze of traps leading into the fort.  With the dragon able to avoid the pressure plates, the maze became an improvised shooting gallery, to which BOOM HEADSHOT! eagerly participated.  The last blow went to Stonewall Jackson, a seasoned veteran of battle, well able to unleash several bolts per second against his foes.  He now resides within the second room of Project Superbowl and holds the fort as legendary sniper with his partner Vengeance.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 10:51:59 pm by Shurikane »

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 02:56:54 am »

The largest world one can possibly generate is 257x257.  I don't know if this is the default for "Gen a world now!"  But anyway, with this, this means you could play a maximum of 66,049 forts before reclaiming (assuming every subregion is embarkable.)
Maximum is 10000, after that timeline ends.
Finis sanctificat media.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 03:55:07 pm »

1.Do I build an aboveground fort right over the pipe?
2.Do I fashion a bowl around the pipe?
3.Do I extend the pipe and use it as a dropzone?
4.Do I capture fire imps and lock them into pillboxes?
5.What the hell do I do?!

My personal answers to all of your questions.

1): Don't do this, if you do you'll most likely end up having death galore from having imps and fire men popping up right in the belly of your fort.
2): Yes, it would be very cool to have a fort encircling a garden of magma and chained up fire beasts.
3): Meh
4): Yes, adding fire never ruins anything.
5): Profit!!

EDIT: Sorry, I didnt realize how far along you had gone, forgot about the second page
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 04:05:47 pm by Beanchubbs »
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 06:28:16 pm »

Going a bit off topic, but why are people so surprised all the time over volcanoes in glaciers? :/

In my country, we have one volcano in a glacier Erupts once every six-ten years, and it's not even big deal, unless the ash plume disrupts airplanes, but that's rare.

Volcano in a glacier would just form a lake underneath the ice. You don't have to have a temperate/hot climate to have a volcano.
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 10:48:15 pm »

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 05:36:37 am »

Build an arena atop the pipe, with the exposed magma in the center of the arena floor.  Make sure that your nobles dining rooms are in an ideal position to get a grand view of the action, complete with the finest glass and gem windows you can manage.
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."
Pages: 1 [2]