Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Explain How The Witcher's SUPER DUPER MORAL DELIMMAS Works  (Read 736 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Explain How The Witcher's SUPER DUPER MORAL DELIMMAS Works
« on: November 04, 2009, 02:07:29 pm »

I know The Witcher have innoviated in creating real moral delimmas. Its greatest innovation is that your choices affect gameplay in the far off future. For example, if you help out a illegal weapon syndicate, then, in the future, an imporant person will be murdered by someone using the illegal weapon. Oops. However, you wouldn't know that would happen until after you play the game for a long time, and by then, you wouldn't be able to reload and see what happen if you crushed the illegal weapon syndicate. I don't really like that idea, to be honest, because it means that I won't be able to determine the side-effects of both actions...until I replay the game over and over. Gah.

However, I won't be able to play The Witcher for quite some time. So, rather than play The Witcher, I want to know what moral delimmas The Witcher has, and how the system works. I am rather curious about that. If you can help me, that would be great.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Explain How The Witcher's SUPER DUPER MORAL DELIMMAS Works
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 02:22:00 pm »

While I was playing, I didn't really choose based on morals, but on how hard I wanted the immediate consequences to be.

For example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On another note: Did anybody work out what happened to Alvin? I know the answer, I just want to see who else spotted it.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Daki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Explain How The Witcher's SUPER DUPER MORAL DELIMMAS Works
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 12:33:46 pm »

Actually,the moral dilemmas weren't so "SUPER DUPER",more like a moral choice between gray and somewhat-darker-gray.
Seriously,I don't think there's one "good" choice in the entire game. I did play it a long time ago,though....
On another note: Did anybody work out what happened to Alvin? I know the answer, I just want to see who else spotted it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)