Subs
- 30 (73.2%)
Dubs
- 5 (12.2%)
Whatsit?
- 6 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: MOAR Anime discussion: Subs or Dubs  (Read 3354 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: MOAR Anime discussion: Subs or Dubs
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2009, 12:26:11 am »

I like subtitles myself. Probably the only anime I enjoyed with english dubs was G Gundam, which made things awesome and hilarious at the same time.

Problem is a lot of the anime here is dubbed in Filipino, and our VAs apparently need about thirty more years of practice. I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion with Shinji sounding like a tricycle driver and Gendo like a complete pervert. Although I guess the latter is somewhat appropriate.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2009, 06:51:42 am »

Vester: I must hear this now. It sounds glorious.

Depends on the series. Subs are more reliable, so I picked them. Dubs can be incredibly awesome when done well (Baccano!) and almost ruin a great series the rest of the time (Gurren Lagann).

In Baccano!'s case I suffer from having Isaac's Japanese voice as the guy who did Vash the Stampede... so I like *both* versions a great deal.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2009, 07:28:26 am »

DAMMIT I can't find any clips from NGE. But this should do nicely:

Pokemon, with tagalog dubs
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."
Pages: 1 2 [3]