Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d16] Werewolf Corpse doesn't decay after Reclaim, no random comes to have fun  (Read 642 times)

GoldenH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I created a terrifying world of darkness by editing the raws and messing with the worldgen parameters, it seemed to work fine, my fortress was flooded by all manner of creatures, supertrolls and ultrabeakdogs roamed the land and all my dwarves did perish...

But when I reclaimed, the body of a slain werewolf remained, but did not vanish! My dwarves did not even dare to put it in my dump stockpile when ordered. It never become rotten or gave me bones after even 3 years of being out in the rain.

Also no more creatures entered my map thirsty for my dwarves' blood, though goblin and kobolds continued attacking, I received several waves of immigrants, and all the caravans came and worked fine for several years.

Changes to the raws, what I did was increase all the creatures size in creature_standard.txt by putting a 1 in front of it, same with creature_subterranean but I also made Trolls and Beakdogs be in Mountain, Glacier and Tundra biomes. I also changed everything in matgloss_stone_mineral to have a minimum [Value:3] (I didn't change it if it was higher) and changed Obsidian to have a [Value:2] in layers. (But this doesn't seem to affect worldgen). After worldgen but before embarking I shrunk dwarves back down to size 6. I deleted the data\objects folder after each change to the raws.

I also tried experimenting with fixing the cat bug and importing the Manual Stone Selection but undid both after i found they required a regen.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a known bug. The corpse is tasked for a job and can't be touched until that job is finished; unfortunately, the job went away when you abandoned. If you force the corpse to move, it'll get freed from its bonds. There are three known ways to move it:

1) dig out the floor beneath it, so it falls
2) push it around with a fluid flow
3) hit it with some cave-in dust to knock it away

(You can't use bridges because the bridge has to be built under the corpse, which requires the corpse to be moved to make room for the bridge)
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

GoldenH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Weird, so it can't decay until it is moved either?

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Evidently not. The last time I saw this issue, it was a dwarf corpse in one of the bedrooms, which sat around for years without decaying until he was able to unlock it.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile

Is that the same thing that has struck about a dozen bins and coffins on one of my reclaim fortresses, whereby they won't get put in stockpiles, won't be dumped, and won't be displaced by constructions, even with scores of idling dwarves?

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very likely! Any item that is tasked for a job when you abandon becomes completely untouchable until you find a way to cancel the job.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile

Oh man. That had me so bugged. Okay, looks like I'll be doing some above ground magma-flooding.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile

I wonder what caused the fortress' shield against all monsters.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

GoldenH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder that too, though I've found fortress reclaiming so buggy I usually don't bother with it. I just started a new fortress there after regenning the world and i have plenty of monsters.