Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Abrachanox RPG PNP scenario TRIS Client, play pen and paper games the fun way!  (Read 3536 times)

Abrachanox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So how would this work, exactly? <_<

NightmareDream14 on AIM, by the way.

Here's the run down to better explain how this is all going to work. First, let's talk about TRIS.

The Program..
TRIS is a program that was developed by the creator "Theatre For Your Mind" he begun work on TRIS PNP Simulation in early 2003, he came out with one release and a few bug fixes in 2004 and early 2005. A long time later he finally let the public know, as of May 28th of 2008 that he will be giving the rights up as he has ceased work. I have taken over the project to try and complete what he started.

So how do I work this?
You, the player / beta tester will need to download the TRIS Client which comes compressed in a installer and RAR under the download section on my website, you have but to run the installer after extracting, which will install the client needed to connect to my server. Playing the Tris Client without going through me can be VERY confusing, there are some help files left by the original creator which may help you a bit but I feel that I could fully explain and answer any other questions you may have then you relying on 4 year old information. Basically after all is said and done, you install TRIS Client, I'll walk you through the interface, give you an IP and port to connect to using the client, you enter it in, and whala' your in the server.

The game..
Now Abrachanox is a video game that I customily built using TRIS Server creator. This is the "Game" you will be connecting to with Tris Client, and it's what scenes, actors, and events you will witness running the game. Abrachanox is my attempt at creating a custom world with unique set of combat rules and lore. Though this is an early alpha attempt, I am planning if Abrachanox fails, to just switch the whole project around and change it to a Fallout Inspired RPG using TRIS. Which if that's the case I will be using  Fallout PNP based material.

I hope these answerd your questions, feel free to ask more and i'll answer to the best of my ability

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

So I can't figure out how to actually set up a character/player thing or send a message, but so far, I'm very intrigued... ;D
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is some questions about the setting that I like to clarify:
1) You state that the leader of this planet has mandated one single religion. What is that religion? Anything that we need to know about it?
2) You stated that the leader of this planet mandated wages. If these corporations are rebelling against the Empire because the government states THOU MUST PAY WORKERS, I'd be really upset. Do you mean that the government control wages? Set a very low (or very high) minimum wage? Anything?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yesterday, I knew you had that session going on, but I was busy. Today, I'm not as busy, but there is no session. What am I supposed to do? How do I log on?

HELP!
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Abrachanox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will send you a PM with information shortly. Thanks for your interest.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New Mission For Me: Find out the status for this project, and calculate how long it will take for the final version of the program to be released.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile

Hmm, I was a bit sceptical due to the advertizingness of this at first, but the software looks interesting. I'm not all that interested in the game running thou and that seems to be the only thing currently using the program.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

It would be amazing and mindblowing if this whole thing were a forum game in itself where Abra is the GM and we're all unwittingly playing in it merely by reading the thread.

It's that kind of mind twisty thing where you wonder if this is art or not.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic
Pages: 1 [2]