Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Champion taking a beating from recruit guard?  (Read 532 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Champion taking a beating from recruit guard?
« on: November 10, 2009, 12:24:50 pm »

One of my damn noble couldnt get his request ( Giant leopard bone item ) The funny thing is the one who were bonecarver back in the time was a useless bonecarver i turned into a military champion in not soo long. Ok here is the fun part.

As soon i saw the message stating mendate has been ended i went to the justice screen to see a dwarf taking a beating, but he took my champion!

Following th =e champion i finaly see the guard poping up and running toward the champion trying to beat him. I DONT KNOW if the champion answered of his beating but after a while the guard went off with a broken arm and the cahampion only had a minor wound to an hand. the place were pretty crowdy so i dont know if ive been watching the good guard or no but i assure one guard had a broken arm. Anyway the champion didnt get hell-of-a-beat with only minor wound to an hand and a guard with a broken arm loll
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Champion taking a beating from recruit guard?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 12:30:06 pm »

I haven't heard of such a thing happening, but I'm sure no legendary champion would let that recruit they mopped the barracks floor with a few hours earlier beat them.
Even if the guard was not hurt by the champion, it's more fun to assume he sprained his hand while doing a 360° turn on the guards arm.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 12:31:01 pm »

Thats exactly how i saw that in my head hehe
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 12:38:07 pm »

I see two options here:

* The recruit already had a broken arm, from a previous sparring match.
 * Counterstrike code isn't being properly disabled for beatings.

I'd say this warrants more investigation.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 12:46:06 pm »

Thats why i love this game, if countersstrike isnt properly disable thats funny to see a dwarf beating the guard for trying to beat him it had some kind of flavor, not all criminal gie up without firing on cops :) That was fun to watch tho :D.

This is why i love this game, no matter how many fort you had played you CANT have 2 time the same fort with the same thing happening. There is so many little little story going inside the fort wich make it living and bustling not all mindless drone digging building like ants, they all have personality and it affect pretty much anything :D. Last beating before my champ were a legendary weaponsmith and armorsmith he took a beating getting him K.O. for about 2 year.... when i was in the middle of building my weapon and armor reserve..... ( i were lucky he got 2 time a mood that werent possessed, one for a golden hammer art and second one for a right glove :D ) i killed the guard who did it to him and a noble went tantrum ( they were friend ) and the noble got killed too.